Sponsors and supporters
The Katoomba Men's Shed relies heavily on support from sponsors, local businesses, individuals and the community. Without this support, it is unlikely that the Shed would continue to operate and our important work in men's health and wellbeing would suffer.
This page is devoted to recogising the valuable contributions of sponsors and supporters. See an explanation of our sponsors recognition scheme, which explains the following categories.
The photograph on the right shows the NRMA presenting a cheque to the Shed in 2013.
Gold sponsors and supporters
- Bendigo Bank has been an ongoing supporter of KMS since inception of the Shed in 2005. In 2020 the Sponsirship Committee provided a grant for the purchase of a new planner for the Shed workshop.
- Andrew Dargan was a member of the Shed who sadly passed away early in 2014. Andrew left a request that a substantial sum be donated to the Shed on his behalf and his family also donated Andrew's tools and equipment. The generosity of Andrew and his wife and family is greatly appreciated.
- NSW Government provided substantial funding to replace the roof on the Shed. Without this, it is unlikely that the Shed would have been able to continue in the current building.
- Australian Government has provided three volunteer grants to the Shed.
- Lucien at L&F Woodcraft donated much of the heavy equipment for the workshop.
- Blue Montains City Council allows the Katoomba Men's Shed to occupy its current premises at the Katoomba Showground. In return, the Shed maintains and improves the building and its immediate surrounds.
Silver sponsors and supporters
- Digital Mountain provide the hosting platform for the Shed's website.
- Blue Mountains Burglar Alarms provides the back-to-base alarm system for the Shed.
- Katoomba branch of Cleanaway Australia provide a waste collection service to the Shed.
- Bunnings Katoomba donated a set of workshop furniture.
Nuts and Bolts sponsors and supporters
- Metromix Concrete Katoomba has provided readymix concrete for Shed development projects, including the woodfired oven project.