Saturday operations - trial
The Katoomba Men’s Shed will be extending its operations to Saturday afternoons for a tial period.
The Shed’s Management Committee has been concerned that men who have weekday commitments find it difficult to participate in the Men’s Shed. This was reinforced at the recent open day, when a number of potential members said they would only be able to attend on weekends.
So the Shed has decided to trial a Saturday afternoon session.
- The trial will start on Saturday 10 November.
- It run for five weeks.
- Operating hours will be from 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- The first day (10 November) will include
- registration for new members.
- safety induction for new members.
- a toolbox meeting commencing at 1:15 pm to outine how things work.
- Visitos are welcome on any day of the trial operations, but for insurance reasons, you have to be a member to utilise the workshop equipment.
- One of the existing Shed members has volunteered to be the 'Day Coordinator' for the trial period, but is not in a position to do this on a permaent basis. So identifying a regular Day Coordinator for Saturdays is an important part of the trial.
Will the trial become permanent?
The criteria for the trial to become permanent are:
- Sufficient men attending to make the operations viable - an average of six or more (not including the temporary Day Coordinator) wll be sufficient.
- A permanent Saturday Coordinator has been identified.
If these conditions are met, and no significant problems are identified, then the Management Committee will almost certainly approve continued Satrday opening and operations will continue uninterupted at the conclusion of the trial.